
This is my older brother, Noah. Noah had it rough, being the oldest, because he always had to pave the way for the rest of us. Whether it was seeing certain movies, staying out later, dating, or chores, Noah was the one who defied first, questioned first, experienced first. By the time we all came around, my parents had seen it all before. He made it easy for us.
Not only did he have to pave the way, but being the oldest, he has to live through "getting older" jokes before any of the rest of us.
Like the following...
When asked what he would like for Christmas this year, Noah said: "Sweatervests."
Long pause...followed by fits of laughter and belly-laughs by myself (this laughter lasted for about 2 minutes).
"Sweatervests?" I asked. "You serious?"
Noah responded with a vehemenent yes, claiming that he already has 5 of them in his collection.
(More laughter).
Me - "I can't buy you a sweatervest. What else do you want?"
Noah - "An ascot."
Loooooong pause, followed by much more laughter from me.
Sweatervests and Ascots, huh? Looks like somebody's hitting their 30s.
(And Noah, I love you for it).
When asked what he would like for Christmas this year, Noah said: "Sweatervests."
Long pause...followed by fits of laughter and belly-laughs by myself (this laughter lasted for about 2 minutes).
"Sweatervests?" I asked. "You serious?"
Noah responded with a vehemenent yes, claiming that he already has 5 of them in his collection.
(More laughter).
Me - "I can't buy you a sweatervest. What else do you want?"
Noah - "An ascot."
Loooooong pause, followed by much more laughter from me.
Sweatervests and Ascots, huh? Looks like somebody's hitting their 30s.
(And Noah, I love you for it).

1 comments:
What is an ascot anyways? May like crosswords, I will understand when I am older
Eric
Post a Comment