Yesterday morning I woke up to a particularly good surprise. I wandered into the kitchen for some coffee, and my laptop was open to a page confirming a 5 day cruise that Eric had booked for us the night before. I have to say, a cruise is a very nice thing to wake up to. We're heading to the Caribbean in October, exactly one week after I get back from my Israel trip.
As all the blessings pile up one by one, I have to laugh, because God is constantly reminding me lately of His goodness, His blessing, His desire for us to experience joy, and how faithful He is to His promises. Eric and I have gone through some challenges and some hard things in the past few years, but through it all, God has been so present and so full of grace, that it almost seems hard to see anything but His goodness all around.
This year marks our 7th as a couple, and it seems that God is making good on another one of His promises, that the number 7 signifies rest. We have truly experienced that in recent months, and I am grateful to God for His fulfillment of that promise in our lives.
Whether it be good times or bad, I can attest to the truth of the following verse: "The Lord is GOOD, and His love endures forever, His faithfulness continues through all generations" -Psalm 100:5. I have experienced its reality in my life again and again (and again).
I end this post with a verse that is on my heart with joy:
"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
- Psalm 34:8
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Cruising
Posted by Sarah at 6:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment