Wednesday, August 5, 2009

3 days and counting.

We've almost made it. 3 more days until Eric and I drive out of Richmond for our new destination; North Carolina and community.

Since most of our stuff is in North Carolina without us, we've had to improvise a bit with what we have left at home this last week. Sleeping on an air mattress and making do with no furniture is not bad, and actually pretty fun. It's forced us to be creative about things like cooking, reading, sleeping, etc. My bosses gave me roses yesterday at my going away party, and I looked through the house for anything that might hold them, finally settling on Eric's Stanley. Having put them in there, I decided I like the Stanley much more than a vase anyway.

Besides, I think roses in a Stanley fit Eric and my life better anyway. It makes me think of our 3 years in KY, and how although God required of us much strength, He also created so much beauty and joy and love to blossom out of the hard stuff, that in the end, it looks something like that picture. Strong and lovely.

Because we have always had just enough, up to this very day, and because we never really know how we are going to pay for everything or what the future looks like on any given day, it forces us to get creative with life, and also teaches us that God is reliable. There was never a moment when we didn't have enough or couldn't find something to suffice. I have been blessed to watch God, over and over again, come into our lives and fill whatever specific needs present themselves, always bringing us to enough green pasture for the moment.

And you know what? It's nice to need. It's a blessing to need. It's a pleasure to need. Because being in need is like a constant reminder to us of who we are and who God is.

And God is good.

And so, in three days Eric and I will venture forth unto yet another new adventure. And money and jobs and church and relationships and future are all questions, still. But I put my hope in those questions. Because not knowing what comes next opens the door for anticipation and expectancy.

Where will God lead us next? I'm not sure. All I know is that following Him is an adventure. Do you feel it?!?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite post you've ever put up! I love the vase, I love your heart.

Eric